Dark Chocolate Tsunami Stout Brownies
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and filled with new water
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour or all-purpose
- 2 1/4 cups raw sugar
- 1 1/4 cups dark cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Tsunami Stout
- 1 cup nuts or chocolate chips, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drain a can of black beans and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear. Return the black beans to the can and fill with water. Puree the beans and water. Set aside
In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coffee powder, salt and baking powder. Add the black bean puree, vanilla and Tsunami Stout to the dry ingredients and stir just until incorporated. Do not over mix.
Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes, rotating the pan around halfway through. They should be almost firm in the center.
Let brownies cool completely then cut into 24 squares.