The Beer Cheese Fondue was a big hit during "Cooking with your Concierge". Wow guests at your next event with the recipe below.
Beer Cheese Fondue
- 2 1/2 cups Sharp Cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup Gruyere, shredded
- 1 rounded tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Pelican beer of your choice - we used MacPelican's Scottish Style Ale!
- 1 tabelspoon spicy brown mustard
- A few drops hot sauce
- A few drops Worcestershire sauce
For Dipping: Be creative and have fun! We selected the following...
- Broccoli and Cauliflower
- Freshly Toasted Baguette
Combine cheeses in a bowl with flour. Add beer to a heavy bottomed pot and bring up to a bubble over medium heat. Reduce the heat to simmer and add cheese in handfuls. Stir constantly, melting the cheese in batches. Stir in a figure-eight pattern with wooden spoon. When the cheese has been incorporated fully, stir in the mustard, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Transfer fondue to warm fondue pot.