Pelican Brewing Company is extremely excited to announce that we've won the following awards at the 2013 Great American Beer Festival held this past weekend in Denver, CO.
- 2013 Large Brewpub and Large Brewpub Brewer of the Year
- Silver Medal: Silverspot IPA for English-Style IPA
- Bronze Medal: Tsunami Stout for Foreign-Style Stout
- Bronze Medal: Doryman’s Dark Ale for American-Style Brown Ale
- Bronze Medal: Kiwanda Cream Ale for Golden or Blonde Ale
“It is a huge thrill to take four medals for our beers at the Great American Beer Festival,” commented Pelican Brewmaster Darron Welch, “to win ‘Large Brewpub of the Year’ on top of that is both a great honor and a testament to the craftsmanship and dedication of all the staff at the Pelican.”
The Great American Beer Festival is the largest commercial beer competition in the world. This was the 27th year of the event. 4,809 Beers were judged by 201 experts from 11 different countries. 745 Breweries from 49 states and Washington D.C entered the competition.
In our 16 years brewing, we have been extremely fortunate to win 38 Awards at the Great American Beer Festival. Congratulations to the 2013 Large Brewpub Brewer of the Year, Darron Welch, and the entire brewery team for creating truly World-Class beer!
For questions or further information please contact: